What is Muesli?
Muesli (otherwise known as Granola) is a popular breakfast dish based on rolled oats and other ingredients including grains, dried fruits, seeds and nuts, mixed and served with milk, soy milk, yogurt or fruit juice.
What is in Our Muesli?
BYRON BAY MACADAMIA MUESLI is made using only the finest local and imported ingredients available. We believe in the integrity of our products and we know the importance of what we put into our stomachs. We don’t believe in hiding behind loads of sugar and salt. Our roasted muesli is sweetened by roasting with REAL Macadamia Honey from the blossoms of local Australian Macadamia trees or Organic Coconut Syrup together with Cold Pressed Macadamia Oil or Organic Coconut Oil. We use Australian Organic Oats direct from the grower in South Australia, Cereals, Sultanas, Raisins, Pecans, Flaxseed and Organic & Biodynamic Apple & Pear all from Australia. We use Australian Sunflower seeds. We use local Australian North Coast Macadamia Nuts and Cold pressed Macadamia oil. We buy our spray free Almonds directly from a local family owned South Australian Almond plantation. We are using high grade Organic GWS Pepitas from China, Goji berries from China and Sesame Seeds from India. We use Turkish Organic dried Figs & Apricots. Organic Coconut, and coconut oil from the Philippines. We have a wonderful relationship with a fair trade Organic supplier of the highest grade of Coconut Syrup from Java, Indonesia. There is NO ADDED REFINED SUGAR, NO PRESERVATIVES, NO COLOURINGS, NO FLAVOURINGS in our muesli. There are absolutely NO NASTIES!
About Macadamia Nuts
- Macadamia nuts are a rich source of energy. 100 g of nuts provide about 718 calorie/100 g, which is one of the highest calorific values for the seeds and kernels.
- They packed with many health-benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health and wellness.
- 100 g of macadamia provides 8.6 g or 23% of daily recommended levels of dietary fiber. Additionally, they are an excellent source of phytosterols such as ß-sitosterol. Besides, they carry no cholesterol.
- Since macadamia is free from gluten protein; it is one of the popular ingredients preferred in the gluten-free food formula preparations. Such formula preparations are a healthy alternative in patients with the wheat gluten allergy and celiac disease. .
- The nuts are rich source of monounsaturated fatty (MUFA) like oleic acid (18:1) and palmitoleic acids (16:1). Studies suggest that MUF fats in the diet help lower total as well as LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels in the blood. The Mediterranean diet, which is rich in fiber, MUF fats and antioxidants work favorably in maintaining healthy blood lipid profile and thus offer protection from coronary artery disease and strokes.
- Macadamias are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc. 100 g nuts provide 3.6 µg of selenium. Selenium is a cardio-protective trace element and an essential antioxidant cofactor for the glutathione peroxidase enzyme.
- Furthermore, the nuts are also rich in many important B-complex vitamins that are vital for metabolic functions. 100 g of nuts provide 15% of niacin, 21% of pyridoxine (vitamin B-6), 100% of thiamin, and 12% of riboflavin.
- They contain small amounts of vitamin-A, and vitamin-E. These fat-soluble vitamins are potent antioxidants and help protect cell membranes and DNA damage from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
In short, sweet, refreshing macadamias provide essential minerals, vitamins, and heart-friendly monounsaturated fatty acids and they taste great!
Let’s talk about Sugar
We don’t add refined sugar. We like to let our healthy and natural ingredients do their job. The only sugar in our muesli and granola is the natural sugar of the fruit. We sweeten our muesli by roasting with real Macadamia Honey from the blossoms of local Macadamia trees and Organic Coconut Syrup used in our vegan options.
What is Organic?
Organic products are grown and processed without the use of synthetic chemicals, fertilisers or GMO’s. It is and innovative method of farming and production and is increasingly becoming recognised as being on the leading edge of food technology into the future. Organics is not just chemical free by testing. It is about the way our food is grown and handled. The whole system is linked – Soil, Plants, Animals, Food, People and the Environment. Standards to achieve this are internationally recognised, and are assured through annual audits of operators by an independent third party auditor. Organic agriculture is a production system that sustains the health of soils, ecosystems and people. It relies on ecological processes, biodiversity and cycles adapted to local conditions.
What is Biodynamic?
Biodynamic agriculture conceives of the farm as an organism, a self-contained entity with its own individuality. Emphasis is placed on the integration of crops and livestock, the recycling of nutrients, maintenance of soil and the health and well-being of crops and animals; the farmer too is part of the whole. The approach also attempts to consider celestial (ie. astrological) influences on soil and plant development and to revitalize the farm, its products and its inhabitants. Seeds are planted at certain lunar phases. A philosophy of Rudolph Steiner.
What is Paleo?
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet or caveman diet, is a diet based on the food humans’ ancient ancestors might likely have eaten, such as lean meat, nuts, fruit and berries. It is grain free, low in carbohydrates and high in protein.
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “GLUTEN FREE MUESLI” AT THE 2012 SYDNEY ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “GLUTEN FREE MUESLI” AT THE 2014 ROYAL MELBOURNE FINE FOOD AWARDS
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “CLASSIC STYLE MUESLI” AT THE 2013 MELBOURNE ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “CLASSIC STYLE MUESLI” AT THE 2014 ROYAL MELBOURNE FINE FOOD AWARDS
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “ALMOND FID & PEAR MUESLI” AT THE 2013 MELBOURNE ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “ALMOND FIG & PEAR MUESLI” AT THE 2014 ROYAL MELBOURNE FINE FOOD AWARDS
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “GLUTEN FREE MUESLI” AT THE 2014 SYDNEY ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “CLASSIC STYLE MUESLI” AT THE 2014 SYDNEY ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “GLUTEN FREE MUESLI” AT THE 2015 ROYAL HOBART FINE FOOD AWARDS
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “ALMOND FIG & PEAR MUESLI” AT THE 2015 ROYAL HOBART FINE FOOD AWARDS
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “COCONUT & CRANBERRY GRANOLA” AT THE 2016 ROYAL HOBART FINE FOOD AWARDS
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “PALEO GRANOLA” AT THE 2017 ROYAL HOBART FINE FOOD AWARDS
All our mueslis are WHEAT FREE . Only our GLUTEN FREE mueslies are suitable for coeliacs. We test our muesli on a regular basis for any evidence of Gluten. We have never found any.
Our Carbon Footprint
Return and Replacement Policy
Byron Bay Macadamia Muesli is made from Natural & Organic ingredients and whilst every effort is made to remove all fruit stems, stalks or seeds, you may find one. Byron Bay Muesli has a strict quality control program in place. If you are dissatisfied with our product, kindly let us know within 14 days of purchase by emailing us and we will be happy to replace it for you free of charge providing that you keep the pack for us.