What is Muesli?
Muesli (otherwise known as Granola) is a popular breakfast dish based on rolled oats and other ingredients including grains, dried fruits, seeds and nuts, mixed and served with milk, soy milk, yogurt or fruit juice.
What is in Our Muesli?
BYRON BAY MACADAMIA MUESLI is made using only the finest local and imported ingredients available. We believe in the integrity of our products and we know the importance of what we put into our stomachs. We don’t believe in hiding behind loads of sugar and salt. Our roasted muesli is sweetened by roasting with REAL Macadamia Honey from the blossoms of local Australian Macadamia trees or Organic Coconut Syrup together with Cold Pressed Macadamia Oil or Organic Coconut Oil. We use Australian Organic Oats direct from the grower in South Australia, Cereals, Sultanas, Raisins, Pecans, Flaxseed and Organic & Biodynamic Apple & Pear all from Australia. We use Australian Sunflower seeds. We use local Australian North Coast Macadamia Nuts and Cold pressed Macadamia oil. We buy our spray free Almonds directly from a local family owned South Australian Almond plantation. We are using high grade Organic GWS Pepitas from China, Goji berries from China and Sesame Seeds from India. We use Turkish Organic dried Figs & Apricots. Organic Coconut, and coconut oil from the Philippines. We have a wonderful relationship with a fair trade Organic supplier of the highest grade of Coconut Syrup from Java, Indonesia. There is NO ADDED REFINED SUGAR, NO PRESERVATIVES, NO COLOURINGS, NO FLAVOURINGS in our muesli. There are absolutely NO NASTIES!
About Macadamia Nuts
- Macadamia nuts are a rich source of energy. 100 g of nuts provide about 718 calorie/100 g, which is one of the highest calorific values for the seeds and kernels.
- They packed with many health-benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health and wellness.
- 100 g of macadamia provides 8.6 g or 23% of daily recommended levels of dietary fiber. Additionally, they are an excellent source of phytosterols such as ß-sitosterol. Besides, they carry no cholesterol.
- Since macadamia is free from gluten protein; it is one of the popular ingredients preferred in the gluten-free food formula preparations. Such formula preparations are a healthy alternative in patients with the wheat gluten allergy and celiac disease. .
- The nuts are rich source of monounsaturated fatty (MUFA) like oleic acid (18:1) and palmitoleic acids (16:1). Studies suggest that MUF fats in the diet help lower total as well as LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels in the blood. The Mediterranean diet, which is rich in fiber, MUF fats and antioxidants work favorably in maintaining healthy blood lipid profile and thus offer protection from coronary artery disease and strokes.
- Macadamias are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc. 100 g nuts provide 3.6 µg of selenium. Selenium is a cardio-protective trace element and an essential antioxidant cofactor for the glutathione peroxidase enzyme.
- Furthermore, the nuts are also rich in many important B-complex vitamins that are vital for metabolic functions. 100 g of nuts provide 15% of niacin, 21% of pyridoxine (vitamin B-6), 100% of thiamin, and 12% of riboflavin.
- They contain small amounts of vitamin-A, and vitamin-E. These fat-soluble vitamins are potent antioxidants and help protect cell membranes and DNA damage from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
In short, sweet, refreshing macadamias provide essential minerals, vitamins, and heart-friendly monounsaturated fatty acids and they taste great!
Let’s talk about Sugar
We don’t add refined sugar. We like to let our healthy and natural ingredients do their job. The only sugar in our muesli and granola is the natural sugar of the fruit. We sweeten our muesli by roasting with real Macadamia Honey from the blossoms of local Macadamia trees and Organic Coconut Syrup used in our vegan options.
What is Organic?
Organic products are grown and processed without the use of synthetic chemicals, fertilisers or GMO’s. It is and innovative method of farming and production and is increasingly becoming recognised as being on the leading edge of food technology into the future. Organics is not just chemical free by testing. It is about the way our food is grown and handled. The whole system is linked – Soil, Plants, Animals, Food, People and the Environment. Standards to achieve this are internationally recognised, and are assured through annual audits of operators by an independent third party auditor. Organic agriculture is a production system that sustains the health of soils, ecosystems and people. It relies on ecological processes, biodiversity and cycles adapted to local conditions.
What is Biodynamic?
Biodynamic agriculture conceives of the farm as an organism, a self-contained entity with its own individuality. Emphasis is placed on the integration of crops and livestock, the recycling of nutrients, maintenance of soil and the health and well-being of crops and animals; the farmer too is part of the whole. The approach also attempts to consider celestial (ie. astrological) influences on soil and plant development and to revitalize the farm, its products and its inhabitants. Seeds are planted at certain lunar phases. A philosophy of Rudolph Steiner.
What is Paleo?
The paleolithic diet, also known as the paleo diet or caveman diet, is a diet based on the food humans’ ancient ancestors might likely have eaten, such as lean meat, nuts, fruit and berries. It is grain free, low in carbohydrates and high in protein.
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “GLUTEN FREE MUESLI” AT THE 2012 SYDNEY ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “GLUTEN FREE MUESLI” AT THE 2014 ROYAL MELBOURNE FINE FOOD AWARDS
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “CLASSIC STYLE MUESLI” AT THE 2013 MELBOURNE ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “CLASSIC STYLE MUESLI” AT THE 2014 ROYAL MELBOURNE FINE FOOD AWARDS
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “ALMOND FID & PEAR MUESLI” AT THE 2013 MELBOURNE ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “ALMOND FIG & PEAR MUESLI” AT THE 2014 ROYAL MELBOURNE FINE FOOD AWARDS
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “GLUTEN FREE MUESLI” AT THE 2014 SYDNEY ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “CLASSIC STYLE MUESLI” AT THE 2014 SYDNEY ROYAL FINE FOOD SHOW
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “GLUTEN FREE MUESLI” AT THE 2015 ROYAL HOBART FINE FOOD AWARDS
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “ALMOND FIG & PEAR MUESLI” AT THE 2015 ROYAL HOBART FINE FOOD AWARDS
SILVER MEDAL FOR OUR “COCONUT & CRANBERRY GRANOLA” AT THE 2016 ROYAL HOBART FINE FOOD AWARDS
BRONZE MEDAL FOR OUR “PALEO GRANOLA” AT THE 2017 ROYAL HOBART FINE FOOD AWARDS
All our mueslis are WHEAT FREE . Only our GLUTEN FREE mueslies are suitable for coeliacs. We test our muesli on a regular basis for any evidence of Gluten. We have never found any.
Our Carbon Footprint
Our Return and Replacement Policy
RETURN & REPLACEMENT POLICY
Byron Bay Macadamia Muesli is made from Natural & Organic ingredients and whilst every effort is made to remove all fruit stems, stalks or seeds, you may find one. Byron Bay Muesli has a strict quality control program in place. If you are dissatisfied with our product, kindly let us know within 14 days of purchase by emailing us at CONTACT US and we will be happy to replace it for you free of charge providing that you keep the pack and receipt of purchase for us.
At BYRON BAY MUESLI your privacy is our priority. We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times, in all situations. The information we collect about you when you become a customer is used to process your orders and to provide a more personalized experience on our site. We do not guarantee complete security on stored information, however, we have implemented many security policies and conditions to help protect your confidential information.
How do we use the information we collect?
When you become a Byron Bay Muesli customer, we ask you to fill out a form that requests your name, address and e-mail address.
Byron Bay Muesli will not share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis. Your name and address information is used solely to process orders unless your prior consent is given. Without your consent, this information will never be sold, given, rented or traded to others for purposes other than order fulfillment.
Our Use of Log Files
When you visit our site we may automatically log your IP address, your browser type and your access times. We utilize this information to conduct site performance evaluations, to see where visitors are coming from and to keep track of click stream data (the screens our users visit on our site). This data helps us to determine what content our customers find most appealing so that we can maximize your enjoyment of the site. Log files are not tied to personally identifiable information.
All Byron Bay Muesli employees take your personal information very seriously. All employees must learn and obey our security policies. Access to customer personal information is limited to key management personnel and our customer services department. The information is ID and password protected and our Web security is reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Correcting/Updating Your Personal Information
After becoming a Byron Bay Muesli customer you may correct/update your personal information by emailing us at CONTACT US. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may contact our customer services group by email, or the CONTACT US tab.
From time to time we may send out email messages & or news letters alerting you that products are available, to remind you about providing feedback or for promotional offers. In addition, you will receive communication from us;
- if you contact us for a particular reason,
- to receive your orders, or
- we need to contact you for administrative purposes such as winning a contest.
Administrative e-mails will not contain promotional materials. If you choose to receive our Newsletters, they will contain promotional materials from Byron Bay Muesli.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site.
Cookies are pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive which identify you when you enter. The ability to select samples on our site is not cookie-driven. We may use session cookies to provide a seamless experience on the site and to combine with our log files so that we can understand our site traffic and analyze our demographic information in aggregate form. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, our site will not identify you when you enter and you will need to manually type in your ID and password.
General Data Protection Regulations
If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) then information collected by Byron Bay Muesli may be required to comply with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Many obligations contained in the GDPR have equivalent obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles which we already comply with.
If you have any queries in relation to how your data is handled, please contact our data protection officer at CONTACT US
If you are an individual in the EEA, we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases will vary depending on the service provided. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to process your order on Byron Bay Muesli’s website;
- There is a legitimate interest in collection of your data which is not outweighed by your interests in protection of your data;
- You have given us consent; or
- Your data is required to comply with a legal obligation.
If you object to Byron Bay Muesli’s use of your personal data it may mean you are unable to place an order with us.
EEA residents have the following rights that they may exercise by notifying the Byron Bay Muesli data protection officer:
- Right to erasure – You may have the right to erasure of your personal information under Article 17 of the GDPR. If you notify Byron Bay Muesli of a request under Article 17 then we will respond within one month confirming if your data has been erased. We may not comply with such a request if the right to erasure does not apply, for example if there is a legal obligation to retain the data.
- Right to data portability – You may be entitled to request a copy of the personal data held by Byron Bay Muesli. If you make such a request, we will deliver the data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Once you have a copy of this data Byron Bay Muesli will not place any restriction on your use of that data. You may also request that Byron Bay Muesli transfers your data to another party, if it is technically feasible to do so.
- Right to object – You may ask Byron Bay Muesli to cease processing your personal data. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of personal data if it is for direct marketing purposes. There are other basis upon which you can object to your data being processed however there may also be circumstances where Byron Bay Muesli will continue to process your personal data, such as if it relates to legal action.
By using Byron Bay Muesli’s website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to Australia where the website and relevant computer services are hosted. Data held outside Australia is protected by the Australian Privacy Principles. If your data is transferred to another country, then Byron Bay Muesli will ensure that any such transfer is not in breach of the GDPR and appropriate protections are in place.
Where Byron Bay Muesli engages an external data processor we take steps to ensure that the data processor implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure compliance with the GDPR and protect your rights in relation to your data.
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your data at any time. You can do so by contacting our data protection officer.
Your Feedback is Always Welcome.