How do we use the information we collect?
When you become a Byron Bay Muesli customer, we ask you to fill out a form that requests your name, address and e-mail address.
Byron Bay Muesli will not share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis. Your name and address information is used solely to process orders unless your prior consent is given. Without your consent, this information will never be sold, given, rented or traded to others for purposes other than order fulfillment.
Our Use of Log Files
When you visit our site we may automatically log your IP address, your browser type and your access times. We utilize this information to conduct site performance evaluations, to see where visitors are coming from and to keep track of click stream data (the screens our users visit on our site). This data helps us to determine what content our customers find most appealing so that we can maximize your enjoyment of the site. Log files are not tied to personally identifiable information.
All Byron Bay Muesli employees take your personal information very seriously. All employees must learn and obey our security policies. Access to customer personal information is limited to key management personnel and our customer services department. The information is ID and password protected and our Web security is reviewed on an ongoing basis. We do not keep or store your credit card information.
Correcting/Updating Your Personal Information
After becoming a Byron Bay Muesli customer you may correct/update your personal information by emailing us at CONTACT US. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may contact our customer services group by email, or the CONTACT US tab.
From time to time we may send out email messages & or news letters alerting you that products are available, to remind you about providing feedback or for promotional offers. In addition, you will receive communication from us;
- if you contact us for a particular reason,
- to receive your orders, or
- we need to contact you for administrative purposes such as winning a contest.
Administrative e-mails will not contain promotional materials. If you choose to receive our Newsletters, they will contain promotional materials from Byron Bay Muesli.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site.
Cookies are pieces of information that your browser stores on your computer’s hard drive which identify you when you enter. The ability to select samples on our site is not cookie-driven. We may use session cookies to provide a seamless experience on the site and to combine with our log files so that we can understand our site traffic and analyze our demographic information in aggregate form. If you have set your browser to reject cookies, our site will not identify you when you enter and you will need to manually type in your ID and password.
General Data Protection Regulations
If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) then information collected by Byron Bay Muesli may be required to comply with the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Many obligations contained in the GDPR have equivalent obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles which we already comply with.
If you have any queries in relation to how your data is handled, please contact our data protection officer at CONTACT US.
If you are an individual in the EEA, we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases will vary depending on the service provided. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to process your order on Byron Bay Muesli’s website;
- There is a legitimate interest in collection of your data which is not outweighed by your interests in protection of your data;
- You have given us consent; or
- Your data is required to comply with a legal obligation.
If you object to Byron Bay Muesli’s use of your personal data it may mean you are unable to place an order with us.
EEA residents have the following rights that they may exercise by notifying the Byron Bay Muesli data protection officer:
- Right to erasure – You may have the right to erasure of your personal information under Article 17 of the GDPR. If you notify Byron Bay Muesli of a request under Article 17 then we will respond within one month confirming if your data has been erased. We may not comply with such a request if the right to erasure does not apply, for example if there is a legal obligation to retain the data.
- Right to data portability – You may be entitled to request a copy of the personal data held by Byron Bay Muesli. If you make such a request, we will deliver the data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Once you have a copy of this data Byron Bay Muesli will not place any restriction on your use of that data. You may also request that Byron Bay Muesli transfers your data to another party, if it is technically feasible to do so.
- Right to object – You may ask Byron Bay Muesli to cease processing your personal data. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of personal data if it is for direct marketing purposes. There are other basis upon which you can object to your data being processed however there may also be circumstances where Byron Bay Muesli will continue to process your personal data, such as if it relates to legal action.
By using Byron Bay Muesli’s website you consent to the transfer of your personal data to Australia where the website and relevant computer services are hosted. Data held outside Australia is protected by the Australian Privacy Principles. If your data is transferred to another country, then Byron Bay Muesli will ensure that any such transfer is not in breach of the GDPR and appropriate protections are in place.
Where Byron Bay Muesli engages an external data processor we take steps to ensure that the data processor implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure compliance with the GDPR and protect your rights in relation to your data.
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your data at any time. You can do so by contacting our data protection officer.
Your Feedback is Always Welcome.